Saturday, January 29, 2011

Our Travels

I am copying one of my friend's posts about world travels (thanks Wendi!) and another friend, who made a bucket list (Stebbs!).

Of note, we used a few criteria when listing the countries we have visited. They had to be places we actually explored and didn't just pass through in transit - I don't think it counts if you never left the airport. Additionally, they are all countries we have been to as adults, from age 18 and up. Technically speaking, I've been to many more countries than listed below since I was a military brat and lived in Germany for 3 years; however since I was a kid then and I only have vague memories of those places, I don't feel it's fair to include those.

Okay so with that disclaimer, here goes...

Countries that Linda has been:
USA
Canada
Mexico
Korea
Japan
South Africa
Swaziland
Kenya
England
Honduras
Germany
Belgium
France
Luxembourg
Mongolia
Turkey

Countries that Shane has been:
USA
Canada
Mexico
Turkey
Italy
England*
Iceland*
Germany
Luxembourg
*These countries didn't really meet the criteria because he only passed through and didn't really "explore" them, but I let him have them anyway since his list is so short. It's okay, though, we plan to change that in the next few years!! :)

Now for the bucket lists!! Below are the places we have talked about visiting while here in Turkey, as well as outside of Turkey in the next few years (hoping that we get assigned to Germany next!).

The Turkey bucket list:
-Antioch
-Bodrum (We'll probably go there for our anniversary)
-Cyprus (I get to go there with some girlfriends in 2 weeks!!)
-Istanbul
-Izmir / Seven Churches Tour
-Israel (We're going in April!!)
-Egypt
-Go on a hot air balloon ride in Cappadoccia
-Go on a Mediterranean cruise

The Europe bucket list:
-Greece
-Italy
-Spain
-Prague
-Brugges
-Ireland & Scotland

Other places we want to go:
-Australia & New Zealand
-India (and see the Taj Mahal!)
-China (walk on the Great Wall!)
-Fiji
-Peru
-Dominican Republic
-Costa Rica
-Maui
-Philippines (with my girlfriends)

I'm so glad I married someone who likes to travel as much as I do. We both LOVE seeing new places, and I think we both have a pretty good balance of wanting to go on adventurous trips but also wanting to go on a relaxing beach vacation. We also want to do short-term mission trips. We're so thankful for all of the opportunities we have to see the world, and can't wait to see where God is going to take us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment