Many years ago I bought my first pair of riding boots (pictured below).
They are a random brand that I've never heard of before, Civico 10. I bought them at DSW for $100. They immediately became my favorite pair of shoes (and that's saying a lot, considering how many pairs I own). I have worn these boots TO DEATH. Literally. I think they're on their last leg. So here's a look at the life of my boots, and where they have taken me over the years.
 |
| San Antonio, TX |
 |
| Cyprus |
 |
| Izmir, Turkey |
 |
| Pammukale, Turkey |
 |
| Angra, Portugal (Azores) |
 |
| Deidesheim, Germany |
 |
Prague, Czech Republic
|
 |
| Florence, Italy |
 |
| Cinque Terre, Italy |
 |
| Strasbourg, France |
 |
| Berlin, Germany |
 |
| Marrakech, Morocco |
 |
| Dingle, Ireland |
 |
Edinburgh, Scotland
|
It's really neat to think of all the places I've walked in these boots. They've been through ancient ruins in Turkey. They've held up as I've wandered through endless cobblestoned streets in Europe. They've been covered in dirt from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. They've walked on the soft damp grass in beautiful Ireland. And they were poured on by the harsh rains in Scotland.
Sadly, I haven't been able to find them on any online shopping websites! I don't know if they've stopped making them or if they changed the style. But they are no longer available. I guess I'll have to buy a new style or brand to replace them. Goodbye boots, I will miss you!
This is soooo cool. Saw Azores!
ReplyDeleteHow did you find the pics?