Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekend trip to Pozanti

It's hard to believe we are down to our last 6 months here in Turkey. But it's a short tour (2 years) so of course it flew by. We haven't written much because we've been so busy with work, youth group, traveling, etc. But this past weekend we had a 3-day weekend so we took advantage of the holiday and went to the mountains for some time away. This is the same place where we went for our marriage retreat a year ago; the same place where we got our wonderful puppy Bonnie Blue.

We left late Saturday morning and got there just after lunch. It's about an hour and a half drive. There was snow on the ground, which was such a nice change from what we're used to in Adana! I haven't seen snow at all this winter. Shane got to see plenty of snow when he was in Austria with the youth group, but I didn't see any when I was in Germany (surprisingly).

Here are some pictures from our weekend:


The mountains are so beautiful and the air was so fresh.

They served us chai and cookies - yummy!


The best part of the weekend was when we discovered these adorable puppies!! We walked into the main office, and Shane said he could smell a dog. Well sure enough, in the back corner there was a mommy and four little pups snuggled up in a box. The resort people told us the puppies were 4 weeks old. The mommy looked a lot like Bonnie - like they could be sisters. And the puppies were absolutely precious!! I was very tempted to take one home, and probably would have if they had been weaned from their mother. I spent lots of time loving on them and taking pictures of them. Shane had to drag me away from them. ;)



Overall it was a wonderful trip. We enjoyed some down time together, and I brought my bible study with me so I got some quality one-on-one time with God, which was desperately needed. Work can get so overwhelmingly busy, and our free time gets filled up so quickly with volunteer work and social events. It's hard to find time to just sit and unwind. So that was the purpose of our weekend getaway. Our next trip is to Istanbul, and we are very excited to FINALLY be headed there!! We'll be sure to post about it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a nice and relaxing trip Linda! The puppies are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete