For some reason, I got to thinking about just how big this world is the other day. I was doing something mundane. Probably at work, joking around with my co-workers and trying to get through "another Monday". And I thought to myself, "I wonder what else is going on at this very moment in time?" I imagined several different scenarios. Here are a few of the things I came up with.
In this very moment...
--Someone just found out their mother died.
--Someone just got down on one knee and proposed.
--Someone just finalized a divorce.
--Someone just had a baby.
--Someone just lost a baby.
--Someone just found out their child has cancer.
--Someone just had their last chemotherapy treatment.
--Someone just died tragically in a car accident.
Imagining the billions of people in this world experiencing all of these things all at once... well it got me thinking about God. And it reminded me of just how big God is. God is in the past, present and future. He knows all that has been, is, and ever will be. And it just blew my mind to think that in this very moment...
--God was wrapping His arms around her while she buried her mother and sobbed with grief.
--God was giving him courage as he knelt down to make the biggest decision of his life.
--God was crying brokenhearted tears with the couple whose love was gone.
--God was crying happy tears with the couple welcoming their little one into the world.
--God was aching with the couple who just lost their little one.
--God was holding the family whose world just got turned upside down by the "C" word.
--God was rejoicing with him as the cancer left his body.
--God was welcoming her home and comforting those she left behind.
All of these things are happening in one moment. And God is in all of it. To me, that is mind-boggling. But it just goes to show how great our God is. All knowing, ever present, never failing.
Thank you! An amazing reminder!
ReplyDeleteWell thought-pout and inspiring...because it is so true!!!
ReplyDelete