After our amazing trip to the Greek Isles, I had an idea for our guest room. I wanted it to be "Greek themed". I loved all the crisp white buildings with blue roofs, and I wanted a way to have a piece of that in my home.
The main attraction in the room is a canvas that I had printed at a print shop in Turkey. It was a picture I took on the island of Santorini (my favorite Greek island), and it looks lovely on canvas. I also ordered several other prints from our trip and framed them in white and blue frames that I purchased from Ikea. Then I ordered a blue comforter and a Greek-patterned pillow from Amazon.
For the furniture, I decided to go mostly with white since the comforter is blue. But for the dresser, I wanted to do something a little different. I thought a two-toned dresser would be fun! I found a used dresser for sale (I think I got it for $40). I headed to the local hardware store, picked up paint supplies and new knobs and got to work.
Here are the steps I took:
1. Cleaned the dresser with a damp rag.
2. Removed all existing hardware.
3. Painted with primer (I had to do 3 coats because of how dark the furniture was).
4. Applied 2 coats of paint, allowing to dry for 24 hours in between coats.
5. Installed new hardware.
6. Voila!
![]() |
| Before |
| After |

No comments:
Post a Comment