Monday, May 19, 2014

Whole30 results

For those who were wondering how the Whole30 went... I thought I'd write a quick update.

First of all, I suck at diets.  I really do.  I have no self-control.  I'll just be honest, I didn't make it the entire 30 days.  It was more like the Whole20.  I didn't throw the diet out completely, but I just wasn't as strict towards the end.  I ate chocolate and cake, and I was okay with that.

In the end, I lost 5 pounds.  Which is good because I was 5 pounds over my regular weight.  I thought I would've gained it all back during my trip to Venice, but surprisingly I didn't.  My body seems to have returned to its normal size.  And I'm fine with that; I'm at a healthy weight.

So here is what I think of the Whole30.  It is a great way to reset your body if you've fallen off track and gained a few pounds (which is where I was when I started this).  It helps you to change the way you view food and establish some new healthy habits (like avoiding processed foods, eating fresh produce and limiting "empty carbs").  But for me, it is not a diet I would do 100% long-term.  I don't want to have to say no to every piece of cake and every glass of wine.

Shane and I will continue eating "mostly Paleo" - lots of fresh meat and produce; limited starches and sugars.  But we will not lose any sleep over having our frozen DiGiornio's pizza on movie night (along with root beer, of course!) or eating cake on someone's birthday or promotion day.  Life is too short to not enjoy good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment