Sunday, September 21, 2014

Budapest

I recently went to Budapest with my girlfriends for my birthday weekend.  It wasn't at the top of my bucket list, but it was a city that sounded intriguing to me and I had heard a lot of good things about it.

How to describe Budapest?  I think my friend Khadidja put it perfectly: Paris meets London meets Prague meets Berlin.  It felt like such a blend of cities, and had elements that reminded me of each of those classic European cities.  It's a sprawling city that lights up beautifully at night, much like Paris.  The river Danube with Gothic-style architecture is very reminiscent of Prague.  The parks, statues and transit system are a lot like Berlin.  And yet there are parts of the city that are also very unique to Budapest - like the amazing thermal spas, and the Fisherman's Bastion overlooking the city.  Overall it was a great trip, and I would recommend Budapest to any traveler interested in something fun and different.


The beautiful Hungarian Parliament.






Chain Bridge.













                       Szechenyi Thermal Spa.

Typical Hungarian goulash soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment