Friday, September 5, 2014

Summer of goodbyes

One of the hardest parts about being in the military is saying goodbye.  I grew up moving around (my dad was in the Air Force so we moved every 3-4 years).  Then I joined the military right after college.  You would think I'd be used to goodbyes.  But after 18 years as a military brat, and 11 years in the Air Force (living in a total of 12 different homes)... it's still difficult.

This summer my pediatrics clinic said goodbye to so many amazing people.  Over the last 2 years I've been blessed to work with people who I came to think of as family.  We were a tight-knit group, and some of these individuals became dear friends.  They were there for me when I was going through tough times, and I will definitely stay in touch with them until our paths cross again.

With Katie, a fellow Hokie and the best nurse I've ever worked with!!





 With my friend Anna, and her daughter (my patient) Ruthie - such a little doll!!


With Tamara, also an amazing nurse & dear friend.

With the talented Eric Flake, a great friend and mentor. 
Last but not least, I had to say goodbye to my fellow pediatrician & friend, Carrie (pictured here with her daughter Jolie). 



2 comments:

  1. Ruthie and I made the blog! We miss you, Dr. Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too!! It always brightened my day to see you guys in clinic. Give Ruthie a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete