Monday, September 29, 2014

Oktoberfest!!

It's fest season in Germany, and that means everybody breaks out the dirndls and lederhosen and gets ready to drink some beer.  Up until now, I didn't have any interest in going.  I thought it would just be a bunch of drunk Americans and large crowds, neither of which I'm too fond of.  But then I got to thinking... it's my last year in Germany, and what a shame it would be if I didn't go to at least one beer fest.  So I found a cute dirndl (traditional Bavarian dress) - on sale, no less! - and headed out to Stuttgart, the site of the Cannstatter Volksfest.  It's supposedly the second largest beer fest in Germany (after the infamous Oktoberfest in Munich).  Stuttgart is only a 2 hour drive from where I live, and I have a friend who lives there so I didn't have to worry about accommodations - easiest weekend trip ever!

In summary, it was a great time.  Kimberly and I loved wearing our cute dirndls, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and the fest was enjoyable.  We ate good food and of course we had some beer.  As they say in Germany... Prost!!





















1 comment: